Sunday, June 12, 2011

Lead Project #2 Outline: Cartridges for Kids!!!

Project Title: Cartridge drive for "Cartridges for Kids"
Project Time Table:
Finish by: Ongoing project
Mentor or advisor for project: 

Hey, everyone...so I'm currently planning another project. The next project that I'll lead this time is a cartridge drive. I think this drive will be pretty successful because it is an ongoing thing. I know that a couple years ago, someone led this project, and it was really successful because parents donate hundreds of empty laser and inkjet cartridges. In addition, I think it will be pretty successful if I do a really good job with advertising.  Hopefully, people will donate all their ink cartridges, well the ones that were already used. All the cartridges that people donate will be put into boxes and mail to CFK (Cartridges for Kids). CFK is a recycling program that pays schools and non-profit organization cash for empty laser and inkjet cartridges. The profits that CFK gives will be given to Aviation High School's Interact Club.This project aligns with our mission and goals as a class because it helps raise money for a club and also helps the environment.

The obstacles and or challenges that I will anticipate when working on this project is getting people to donate their empty laser and inkjet cartridges. In addition, I know that some people refill their ink cartridges; therefore, it will be pretty hard to get a lots of empty cartridges. Moreover, another obstacle that I will most likely have to deal with is getting the words out. I have to do really with advertising. I have to get people interested in doing this. I need to show people that they should donate their empty ink cartridges. Since the profits go to Interact Club, I think a lot of people with be a little hesitated.

My primary goal for this project is to meet all the milestones. In order for me to finish this project successfully, I must follow my plan and also have a back up plan. I must follow all my milestones. Since this is an ongoing project (until next year) I don't know when this project will be finish. Hopefully, I will be able to do this project every year until I graduate from AHS. My goal is to get this project started this month. I want to get the words out in the next couple weeks. I also want to make brochure; however, I think that won't happen until the beginning of next year. My hope is to start making posters this upcoming week (the third week of June). For instance, I want to start putting boxes in the office, in the hallways and maybe the cafeteria on the same week as the above.

I have all these milestones listed out, but I know that I'll not meet all of these milestones if I don't get help from other people. To ensure that I'll reach my project milestones, I must get help from my peers and teachers. I believe that with their help, I'll not forget about it, and I'll always be on top of things. In order for me to overcome foreseen obstacles I must be really organize, responsible and also getting things done on time.

I think some of the materials that I'll need to successfully carry out for my project include boxes and pre-paid DedEx labels. I talked to Bonnie two weeks ago, and she said that the office have all of that or I could just printed it off the website.

Beside materials, I also need people to help. As far as I'm concerned, I have at least five helpers. Hopefully, as the year progresses, I will get more helpers. Since it is only the beginning of this project, I don't expect a lot of people to help; however, in the future having 10-15 helpers would be great. My goal is to try to get a lot of people to be involve with this because this project does not only help Interact Club, but it also help the environment. It will make our school greener. I think I could also get help from the people in Ecology Club because it deals with the three R's: Reduce, Reuse, Recycle.

This is such a big project andmy goal to hold myself and my group accountable for the success of the project is to hold a lot of meeting. I will also contact each other via emails or phone. But my hope is to hold a lot of meetings because meetings seem to be one of the most effective ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment