Saturday, April 9, 2011

Campus Clean-Up

Project Title: Campus Clean-Up
Project Time Table:
Start on: April 14, 2011
Finish by: 
Milestone dates:
        -April 14, 2011: Talk to ecology/interact club
Mentor or advisor for project: Mrs. Fitz

I envision that the campus clean-up would happen right after school with the help from various students in Leadership as well as members of ecology and interact club. The purpose of this event is to provide a clean environment for each classroom. There will be several tasks for students to do during this event. They will clean all the tables in each classroom, pick up trash and clean the computers are. This event will allow us students to help the janitors. The janitors are not able to clean all the places in each classroom; therefore, this event will allow us to complete that part. This project align with our mission and goals as a class because the school will be cleaner, and it provides a better environment for the students to learn and staffs to work. 

Some of the obstacles and or challenges that I am anticipating when working on this project include get people excited with cleaning up and volunteers unexpectedly dropping out. I believe that these will be the two biggest obstacles because cleaning up is not something that people get excited to do. However, if I offer volunteer hours to students, more people would attend because I know that a lot of people are looking for places to volunteer so that they could get all the hours down.

To ensure that I reach project milestones on the dates listed above, I need to have a checklist to keep me on top of things. To overcome these foreseen obstacles I need to have a backup plan. In addition, I need to be extremely detailed and organized with every single part of this project. 

Here're some of the materials that I need to successfully carry out my project:
-Gloves                                                 -Trash Bags
-Anti-Bacterial wipes                             -Paper Towels
-Other all purpose cleaner

Other things besides materials that I need to be successful in my project are people. I need at about 13-16 people for this project, but of course more is always better. I plan to divide people into team and there will probably about 2-3 in each team. Each team will be responsible for one classroom. Each person will have many options to choose from. They can either wipe the tables tops, clean the computer area, and pick up trash in the classroom. I will make sure that each person will have a job to do.

My plan to hold myself and my group accountable for the success of the project is to get together and have a meeting. I would also remind people either via email or at school. I hope that my frequent reminders of the event will prevent people from forgetting about it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment